Permanently work from home
The successful candidate will assist in the conceptualization and development of content across a wide range of mediums. A polished communicator, the Senior Writer will write high-level analysis of the latest developments in the GovCon industry activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The successful candidate will write, edit and publish across all of our websites each day.
● This person will also research prospective interviewees for the Editor to interview.
● The Staff Writer / Speaker Researcher will be reporting directly to the editor and assisting with
research for GovCon events.
● The staff writer researcher will be a self-starter who is able to look online, identify hot topics in
government, govcon in order to help define topics for the company’s events.
● This person will also help to identify speakers for said events.
● This person will also help to write blurbs on our websites about the company’s events.
- Candidates must have 2-4 years of experience in News Writing or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or communications
- Experience working in AP Style
- Comfortable researching, identifying, and compiling lists of qualified speakers for the company’s GovCon events
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- A desire to go beyond the call of duty to produce the best content possible
- Familiarity with WordPress, SEO, Social Media a plus