The Area Sales Manager is principally responsible for the sales of the company’s products to provide innovative solutions to customer work requirements on the company’s machine tools. The position reports to the Sales Director on the development of perspective accounts and retention of current customers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build and foster customer relationships.
- Promote the sales of products and provide technical sales support.
- Manage, develop and expand the sales territory.
- Organize and plan the sales activities for the most effective coverage of assigned territory. This includes scheduling calls and appointments; planning itineraries, and contacting customers and prospects to discuss requirements, specifications, problems, and any outstanding issues.
- Identify and report accurate customer requirements and potential needs.
- Develop, present, or respond to proposals for specific customer requirements.
- Proactively visit customer facilities for review of any outstanding engineering and service related issues.
- Develop strategic and tactical plans in order to accomplish annual sales goals.
- Proactively visit customer facilities in order to resolve difficult engineering issues.
- Input records of daily activities and customers into the CRM system and maintain high accuracy of the customer data by regular checking and updating.
- Serve as the relationship manager between sales agent/customers and factories
- Maintain regular reporting to the Sales Director according to company rules.
- Participate in agents’ events, open houses, exhibitions and factory tours for customers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electronics or Manufacturing Engineering from an accredited University
- 2-5 years in B2B Sales or business development
- Recent experience and network in the machine tools and related industry preferred
- Good communication, negotiation and presentation skills
- Possess valid driving license and willing to use his/her personal vehicle for business activities.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)