The Account & Admin Assistant reports to both the Managing Director and SEA Controller and is involved in all aspects of accounting and admin activities. He/she ensures that the Company’s accounting function is well organized as well as producing timely and accurate financial statements and management reports, thus achieving compliance with corporate policies and statutory requirements. He/she must keep current with changing statutory requirements and tax laws and determine the implications of such changes to financial reporting.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain full set of bookkeeping.
- Prepare journal entries, complete general ledger operations, prepare payment vouchers and receipts.
- Ensure timely month-end closing.
- Prepare accurate and timely financial statements and management reports.
- Prepare and manage budgets; and participate in annual budgeting and forecasting activities.
- Prepare, monitor and manage accounts payable and receivables and prepare cash flow planning.
- Perform reconciliation of general ledger accounts and bank accounts.
- Support and maintain treasury and assets.
- Work closely with internal and external auditors on audit schedule, audit data, variances and audit findings to ensure that auditing completes in time.
- Resolve issues and deficiencies arising from audit findings.
- Provide accurate and timely tax and financial reports to the relevant authorities.
- Support sales processes with preparation of invoices, issuing of debit and credit notes.
- Support HR Manager SEA in monthly payroll processing and ensure timely submission and payment of SSS, HDMF, and PhilHeath.
- Involve in reviewing internal control compliance and propose process improvement.
- Support some admin duties and cover the Office Administrator during her absence.
- Train and develop others as and when the need arises.
- Other ad-hoc activities assigned by the management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and Finance or accounting qualification like ACCA/CPA.
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on experience in managing full set of accounting.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Proficient in Finance system applications eg. SAP, BaaN, Cognos, or TM1.
- Good knowledge in local accounting and tax regulations and reporting standards such as 2550M, 2307 certificates.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in local language and English.
- Pay strong attention to details and possess excellent problem solving skills.
- Possess good work ethic and with positive working attitude.
- Ability to work independently without daily supervision and work within strict timelines.
- Good team player with good interpersonal skills.